Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 02-18-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Portfolios

Hi Adam!

Is it possible to create a portfolio's function? This could be very similar to themes, but in each portfolio it would be only presented the authors photos.

But the main difference was that each portfolio created could be presented in the intro page of the author with one photo representing each one.

I know that the themes function is very similar, but with this option each member could organize their photos better and present them in a more organized way and with a better acess for members - especially new ones.

I feel many nice photos get lost in old pages because almost no one browse them, and I also feel a bit lack of control over the presenting and organization of my work.

The gallery would be unaltered as it is and would keep it's usefulness because active members go there to see the latest work of members for critiquing.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Portfolios

In the last sentence of the upper message by "gallery" I mean "personal gallery".
Old 02-18-2004, 08:15 PM
TE Expert

The portfolio is organized by location on this site. Clicking on the location links in the left hand menu in one's 'Photos' area will display photos from that location for each member.

Maybe in the future I could add a separate portfolio area to allow for more control of image display. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:26 PM
TE Senior Member

Seems like it would be fairly easy to add a "My Best 10/25/whatever" to the personal Intro page. It would work much like going to someone's personal page and clicking on a country.

I'd rather not see this one turn into some type of 'the best' contest.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:28 PM

I know the main basis for organization in TE is geographical, but feel it would be nice for example to create a portfolio inside the member page with a themes.

For example, I have many ship/boat photos, but unless someone browse for several pages he will not discover those shots because my latest are mainly from historical buildings. When the number of photos become very large it's hard to have a solid notion of the photograpers work.

About the "best" contest I guess this would not be the case as each member would only have the portfolio in it's own page. If a member organize the portfolios with the photos he consider best I guess there's no harm in that also.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:03 AM
TE Expert

Yes, it would be good to have a 'Portfolios' section. One day I'd like to add that in. Thanks for the idea.