Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2021-07-26 2:00

Hello Ike, I like visiting temples of all kinds. I have been in many churches, Orthodox churches, mosques, pagodas, wats, whatever, but only in a few synagogues. The reason is they are usually closed. We have a synagogue in Warsaw, very nice, but only once I had the opportunity to see it during the Jewish Festival.
I was in Israel with the organized tour and what we saw? - mainly churches! Not even one synagogue. Of course, the churches are more interesting for Polish people :(. Also, I would love to visit Safed, the nice small town, as I read, but it was impossible either. I was so disappointed that for years I didn't go for any organized tour.
Very simple but nice interior.
Best regards Malgo

Old 07-26-2021, 10:18 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: Tzfat & Synagogues

Hi Malgo,
Frankly, I was very dissappointed walking through the old town Tzfat, as I was dissappointed back in other visit there on 13/10/2017: the old quarter is very neglected, congested and unpleasant to stride within.
The new town of Tzfat has nothing of an interest to offer tourists.
There are better and nicer old places to walk through in Israel, more welcoming and fairly neat.
Hope I am not "destroying" your dreams...
Ike
Old 07-26-2021, 10:42 AM
TE Expert

Hi Ike,

So maybe nothing to regret? Strange, I imagined it as a lovely small town, with a nice artistic atmosphere.
I have seen a lot of nice and very interesting places, unfortunately, 25 years ago I had no digital camera.
Regards

MAlgo