Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-30-2005, 08:22 AM
TE Junior Member

Default How did you choose your user name?

Well, I have just a random 'get to know ya' question. How did you decide to choose your user name? Or what significance does it have? I'm rather interested to see what some people's mean- lets see who's is the most unusual. (Oh, if its gross or "adult themed", keep it to yourself- I don't want to know)

Mine is a pretty boring explination. I hadn't really planed for the question to be put upon me in the sign up form- so I just had a brain fart and put my name 'rosie' in, and I thought "thats the most boring user name ever" so I added the 'girl' to it. So now I'm 'rosiegirl'.

What about everyone else? :)
Old 10-30-2005, 08:25 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: How did you choose your user name?

Very boring. Contraction of my first and last name. Chosen because it is reminiscent of "eros", the winged statue in Piccadilly Circus, London (-:
Old 10-30-2005, 08:30 AM
TE Newbie

My very favorite movie in the entire world is "You've Got Mail", and the main character Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan)'s online name is shopgirl, thus providing the inspiration for my username!

"Don't cry, shopgirl, don't cry".... :)
Old 10-30-2005, 08:56 AM
TE Senior Member

"Don" means Mr. in spanish, but you use this form of "mr." in front of a first name (señor going before the last name= señor mahon, for example)... and my first name is narayan... which I couldn't register just as narayan because someone already had it (strange) so I went with "don_narayan" (Mr. Narayan). works for me and I don't forget who I am.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:42 PM
TE Expert

jajajaja Don I like your nickname a lot, to me was strange when I first saw your intro, I thought firstly it was your name. But then I knew you knew spanish, then everything was clear.

Mine is simple, My second name is Enrique (Henry), and the nickname associated is "Kike", everyone who knows me calls me that way, since my childhood. And my last name is Velazquez. So "Kik" from Kike and "Vel" from Velazquez.

I first used it when I opened my first yahoo mail account in...uhmmm who knows when, maybe in 1996?
I use this nickname everywhere, I got kind of used to it.

K.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:09 PM
TE Expert

I did not thought very long before choosing mine.
I simply used the first letter of my three names to get CAM.and no it is not because it is a photo site.
I liked its shortness

Wish a very good time to you all.
Charles
Old 10-30-2005, 02:11 PM
TE Junior Member

since ive started using email - about 8 years ago, ive used the name danby1 obvious reasons really, danby is my surname, and the 1 because thats what yahoo suggested when they noticed that danby was already taken! simple! :)
Old 10-30-2005, 03:08 PM
TE Expert

Jinju is the name of the first city I lived in in Korea. Its also the name of the city where I met my wife, where I got married, where her family lives. So, it has special meaning to me.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:10 PM
TE Expert

Well see, Fura-chan is my Japanese nickname at work. Fura is the first part of Francis in Nihongo: FURANSISU, and the suffix "chan" is an affectionate tag-on. So here I am folks...
Old 10-30-2005, 03:13 PM
TE Expert

Mine is pretty simple. In french, it should be "clair de lune", moonlight in english, without the "e". Since my real first name is Claire, it was kind of obvious to me. And I really like moonlights!

Claire