Notices

Old 03-21-2007, 11:55 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Where would you go!

i'd go back home. ;)
Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 PM
TE Junior Member

Does the word "world" include all places known to human kind or just the ones on this planet? ;D

If "world" is not just this Earth, then I'd definitely go to the moon! :D

Two weeks in one spot on this Earth is too short a time... because I simply couldn't get close (penetrate its existence) enough to the place in 2 weeks! But taken out of any known context (aka life as known on Earth) then two weeks would probably be just enough to get a taste and not go totally nuts ;D

Ok, fine, I'd go to Antarctica. Or the Kerguelen islands...

A bit of a solitary kind of person, perhaps? ;-)

What attracts me in these places is simply the absence of humans.
I like to attempt catching life as it is known when humans haven't been around slashing, burning and destroying. I am fond of capturing moments as lived without the interference of the human mind. But of course I recognise the fact that I would be there with my mind so it's a sort of vicious circle anyway.
Perhaps this is why I am so fond of being alone and finding spaces (within my mind) where there is only existence and none of the social games we spend our lifetime learning and perfectioning. Not that there's anything wrong with them, just that I don't perhaps find any personal fulfilment in them.

And then of course, I would love to visit places (don't ask me which ones) where humans still live in perfect harmony with the world around them. I'll see if I can find any such corners in this world when I set off to for my trip in the summer... I'm counting on the remote Siberian villages or nomadic herds for a potential taste of ancient lifestyles.

Lovely theme!
Thanks a bunch for the mind rub! ;-)

Julia
Old 03-27-2007, 02:12 AM
TE Junior Member

Antarctica :)
The reason is simple - it is one of the most incredible places in the world. People who had visited it already tell that it is the best place for traveller, after which all the others seem to be not so impressive. I know, you would say "If it is so it would be better to go there after all", but the tickets there are too expensive, so I won't miss an opportunity to travel there for free:))
Katia

PS. The other places - Peru, Equador.. and other countries of Latin America, Australia, Laos, Japan, New Zealand, Iceland, South Africa (I mean continent, not country), etc. My travel plans and dreams are much more spacious than my possibilities. :)
Old 04-25-2007, 07:02 AM
TE Senior Member

Libya,
before some fool starts to bring demo-crazy there also.
Stunning photos, was suprised!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:09 PM
TE Newbie

Haha , julie I would be space touristed to the moon with you!
But our photos might be banned from TrekEarth, we'd have to post on TrekLens until TrekMoon is activated.
But then again if I was there your absence of human fantasy would be off. OK I'll go alone...