To kclai: Thanks - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great david 2006-02-27 20:24

hey robert! don't you hate it when you misspell your title! badly! :)

this photograph appeals to me because my father has a very similar MG ... same colour too (british racing green) ... the only difference is that my dad's car is a complete piece of s***.

since the car is your subject, i propose you try and be more creative with it. unfortunately, as a photograph, it's a little cliched. MGs in particular have very unique wheels, so a close up of the spokes would make for an interesting shot.

a good shot, none the less! :)

Old 02-27-2006, 12:53 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To kclai: Thanks

Dear my friend.
Thanks so much for your invaluable comment.May be from my lens? Please guide for me. Thanks so much for sharpness
Old 02-28-2006, 03:35 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Help

Hey Huy
Thanks for the reply and hope I could give you some hand.

You are using Canon EOS350D, considered quite a good camera, especially its powerful lens. I believe this camera is about 2 years old, so, there's shouldn't be any problem with the lens, unless it is exposed to fungus and particles. Get it clean up by professional.

Your image of Nha Trang Bay is executed at a very reasonable exposure value. So, you've experience of adjusting the value of speed and aperture to give you good exposure. For landscape shot, put the aperture value to at least f/8.0 and above. Do not put it below that. This will blur the side image. Once you got the aperture valued at f/8.0 and above, adjust your speed value to enable you to capture a good shot.

Finally, the focusing. Lanscape shot' focus is very easy. Tune your lens to the maximum (infinity) and this will surely give you a good sharpness. Get the image focus slowly. Upon hearing the beeping sound, execute the shot.

If the blurness of the image is due to the focusing processing or the handling of the camera when executing, try to use a tripod.

Finally, I wouldn't think it is due to over-cropping, my friend.

I hope I could help you to settle the problem, Huy, and please do email me if you need further explanation.

Cheers and good day, Huy.

Eric Lai