To PaulVDV: Phú Quốc - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2020-04-10 0:41

Hello Gert,
Together with the beautiful daily life-scene I like the view of the houses on stilts on the background.
In Malaysia and Brunei I've visited several villages on stilts. I find them so remarkable. Such a different way of living.
Today you can also go to Phú Quốc from Cambodia. Even without visa. I didn't go there. Cambodia has also beautiful islands in the area.
I remember when I was in Vietnam a few years ago that Ph Quốc was very much promoted. I think it has a special status since you can go there without visa.
I don't know if you can continue to Vietnam afterwards or have to go back to Cambodia. I did not inquire about it. There was so much to visit in Cambodia.
Best regards, Paul

Old 04-10-2020, 07:48 AM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: Phú Quốc

Thank you Paul,
I actually found Phú Quốc totally boring, so you didn't miss anything. I wasn't feeling well during that journey so I went there just to rest at a beach for a few days. It was relatively quiet and primitive, but since then the island has been upgraded to a heavily promoted tourist destination. There are now (under normal circumstances) direct flights to Phú Quốc from several European countries, including Sweden. Very possibly it has become a visa free zone. It would now be the last place in Vietnam I would choose to visit.
Bets regards,
Gert
Old 04-10-2020, 03:33 PM
TE Expert

Hi Gert,

I think that Phú Quốc has become a holiday resort for those who want to live very comfortably and are willing to spend a lot of money for it.
Also on the smaller Cambodian islands there are already a lot of more expensive hotels / resorts.
Nevertheless, it remains possible to find budget accommodation there, at least for the time being.
And in between the beaches you're able to wander around in the tropical forests.

Best regards,
Paul