To emka: From the Palatine Hill - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2020-04-08 23:07

Hello Bev,
Strange that your cat was named Wanda. It is a very old Polish name. And I am so sorry and I emphatise with you. We also have an old black cat, Dodek, that is the part of our family and has conversations with us, especially with mu daughter-in-law. Nice view of the Colosseum from the Palatine hill. What places in Rome are not worth visiting? I like pinias very much, they seem to me so Italian.
Stay safe

MAlgo

Old 04-09-2020, 08:21 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: From the Palatine Hill

Thank you for your kind words about Wanda and your critique, Malgo.

I had no idea about the name Wanda, beingPolish.
It was actually just a play on words. When she was a kitten she was very inquisitive and used to wander all over the house and sometimes we had to really search to find her; hence the name Wanda.

Keep safe in your house, Bev
Old 04-09-2020, 10:39 AM
TE Expert

Wanda was young and beautiful, and is remembered for a wise and just reign. To save her people from invaders, she chose death among the waves of the Vistula.Legends about Wanda,reputedly lived in 8th century Poland, the beautiful young ruler of Kraków, frequently thought to be the daughter of King Krak himself, are associated with the mound in Mogiła. According to one of the versions of the legends, Wanda, famous for her fairness and wisdom, aroused love in the heart of the German prince, Rydygier (Rittiger). The haughty youth announced that unless Wanda takes his hand, he will attack Kraków. Unwilling to put the city in jeopardy, the princess chose death instead of marrying the Prince. She plunged into the waves of the Vistula, and her dead body was found nowhere else but in Mogiła. To honour the brave deed of their monarch, her people built a high kurghan – called therefore the*Wanda Mound*– to her memory.Stay safeMalgo*