Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2010-12-09 12:47

Hello Leslie,

This is a perfectly composed shot. The distant line of hills divides the picture into an upper third and lower two thirds. The gate and the row of fence posts beyond it lead the eye into the distance to a point about a third from the left and a lovely triangle of frosted grass makes up the foreground.

Despite the bright low light, you have managed to retain good detail in the sky, the lightest parts and the deepest shadows. The colours are excellent too.

A very pleasing picture indeed, and a fine interesting note to accompany it.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:15 PM
TE Junior Member

Smile To tyro: Frosty morning,Composition.

Hello John, thanks for your kind and comprehensive critique,I do sometimes feel that composition is a much neglected aspect,and of course at this time of year the sun rarely rises far above the horizon,so there can be some real opportunities out there.
Les
Old 12-09-2010, 09:52 PM
TE Expert

Default Composition, composition.......

Hi Les,

I agree with you about composition. I can do nothing better than to recommend to you a theme of Composition Analysis Workshops which my friend, Peter Geldart (graffer) has done - have a look here. Well worth a look, I think, and it might help give you some ideas - it certainly has for me.

The other chap who takes wonderful pictures is another favourite of mine, Gunnar Holmertz (saxo042), who always has the knack of placing an object (usually red) in a prime position in the frame - usually at a crossing point of thirds.

Also, just check out this.

Kind Regards,

John.

Last edited by tyro; 12-09-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Red

Hi John,just back from shops,looking for a red coat for the wife....Cheers Les

Tags
frosty, morning mist