Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Clairedelune 2007-11-22 18:18

Hi Mr. Nguyen,
When I saw this picture last week, I was not able to critique, being sick. And I marked this photo because I had to leave my words for it. A must! It is the best photo to this date that I've seen of a Pow Wow! Most of the time, I find these photos quite "clichés", but not yours. It could have been taken years and years ago. Not in terms of the technical aspect of the photo, but in terms of the subject. I don't have the feel that it is done for 'tourists', but like if they were among their people, like in the old time.
The moment, the timing, is simply perfect. I know, you wrote that it was pure luck. Yes, it might. But, for having quite often photography "action" (dance and music playing), you really have to be there with your subjects, to almost feel their moves, to see them coming. Anyway, luck or presence or both, it is a very good photo. The expression is priceless.
Colors please me too. Sure, a most vibrant photo.
Claire
P.S.: Your intro... I got a lump in my throat... Please, take care.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:30 AM
TE Expert

Default To Clairedelune: What can I say...?

Dear Claire:
Some critiques turned out to be rewards to the photographer. But your marking down while being sick, then returned to have your words — whether positive or negative — becomes a big surprise to me. Instead of saying "thanks", I would like to tell you about my respect, and appreciations. Today is Thanksgiving Day in the USA, and your critiques are priceless reward to me.
When I said I was lucky, I meant it. If someone orders me to attend such an event again and bring back the same action photo, I am sure I would confess that I can't promise...
Please continue your support, and give me your prayers.
Sincerely,

Thanh Nguyen
Houston, Texas
Old 11-24-2007, 01:45 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Clairedelune: What can I say...?

Then, the happiness is shared...

Thanks a lot to your visit in my gallery. I am touched...

And sure, I give you my prayers...

Claire
Montreal, Quebec