To tyro: walks with friends - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-04-06 4:30

Hello Mariusz,

You have written a very thoughtful and thought provoking note and also given us a delightful photograph to admire.

This street looks to be a lovely place along which to take a walk, even although it is quite a shame that you are now being prevented from visiting the park which this street overlooks.

Here we have many lovely country walks which, since I retired, I have been taking every week with a group of equally ancient friends - but almost all of these walks are a few miles away from our homes and we require transport to get us there - so, naturally, we are no longer allowed to travel to these places. And quite rightly so.

So now, like yourself, I am limited to just pacing the streets alone around about where we live - and no longer enjoying the company of my friends. I greatly miss my regular Wednesday walking days but, if that's what it takes to help ameliorate the effects of this pandemic, so be it.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:05 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: walks with friends

Hi John,
I was a very social person in the past. It is relatively easy when one stays in the same town or at least the same country.
When I moved around by myself as well. With my wife also. But it is a different story when one moves to a new country and has a family.
Local people usually already have their friends and families and don't look for new friends.
Small differences in children's age means they don't want to play together anymore. Or boys with girls etc...
But somehow I got used to the fact that most of my present relationships are rather superficial.
There is really no time to develop a stronger bond.

I am glad though that you do go out for walks these days.
It makes sense to keep distance but I think everything should be taken with moderation.
Keep safe
M