Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2021-09-21 12:05

Hello Mariusz,
No, this isn't funny. Much too crowded!
However, Poland has a fairly long coastline.
I'm really surprised that you say that the Baltic Sea is warmer than the North Sea. Of course I live in a country bordering the south of the North Sea. That might make some difference to Northern England I think.
You show us a very colourful beach scene here.
This beach deserves an award for the versatility and the colours of the windscreens. The actual intention of the beachgoers is of course less beautiful.
In a way, this is a humorous photo. A sad one at the same time.
Rowy will never be my holiday destination :)
Best regards, Paul

Old 09-21-2021, 07:13 PM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: not an international destination

Hi Paul,
I was worried before going there but we have some family nearby so it was an additional bonus. I have spend two days on this beach and we had a lot of fun with my daughter but I would definitely not recommend it to international tourists. The prices are higher there than in Spain or Greece, especially if one compares the cost/benefit ratio. There are some wild areas nearby as well. But I think I will not go back there anytime soon.
Sadly similar situation may be experienced in the Polish Tatra mountains. The crowds are overwhelming in the summer.

Kind regards,
M
Old 09-21-2021, 07:23 PM
TE Expert

Hi Mariusz,

I know about the Polish Tatra mountains.
On my trip through Poland I also went to Zakopane.

I was able to book a hotel room the day before arrival. So I thought it would be okay.
However, the number of visitors was unbelievable. No idea where all those people were staying. Hurdles of hikers in the mountains. You could forget the cabin lift if you didn't want to wait two hours to go up and again to return.

Kind regards,
Paul