To maloutim: Real Dilemna - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 02:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To maloutim: Real Dilemna

Good evening Marie-Louise,
I am glad you like this sad post, because only a heart can understand the pain, and not the lips.
Exactly five years earlier i.e on 16th August 2008, this gentleman honored me by allowing his portrait. I sincerely believe I couldn't justify in making the portrait, as the light conditions were challenging and there was a hand shake while clicking the shot. Perhaps he was sitting under some dim yellow lights, as the face is luminous against the dark blue sky.
Sight is the greatest gift, I believe Lord has given us, and this man is deprived of. It made me sad too.
Answer to your question:
Now, my country is passing through difficult times, with ineffective Prime Minister and the lackluster Opposition. We are facing problems on all fronts, be if poverty, agriculture, inflation, threat of terrorism.......and the list is big enough. In Swiss banks its the money of my nation, which the greedy politicians have accumulated over the decades.
The country shall be electing new Prime Minister next year, as the elections shall be in 2014, but we don't have the right person to choose either from the ruling party or from the opposition.
There is no vision, no mission and no values in Indian Politics.

How can a blind lead such a big population, and my country?

If the members of the parliament, who are the servants of the nation turn their eyes off and behave not in assertive manner, this elder brethren of mine is not Blind.

I have provided a link where in the less-abled students, who cannot speak, are expressing our national Anthem through gestures.
You can copy paste the link and watch the video, but as you don't understand the words of our Anthem, I am providing the meaning here:-

Thou art the ruler of the minds of all people,
Dispenser of India's destiny.
Thy name rouses the hearts of Punjab, Sindh province/Sindh,
Gujarat and Maratha,
Of the Dravida and Odisha and Bengal;
It echoes in the hills of the Vindhyas and Himalayas,
mingles in the music of Yamuna and Ganga and is
chanted by the waves of the Indian Ocean.
They pray for thy blessings and sing thy praise.
The saving of all people waits in thy hand,
Thou dispenser of India's destiny.
Victory, victory, victory to thee.
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jana_Gana_Mana)

This is what made me post this sad image.

With regards from India,
Rajeev
Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM
TE Expert

Thank you for your reply Rajeev,
I am sorry about the situation of your country.
What can one do apart from hope.
I am sure things will change if only slowly.
Already on TE, there are several Indian members who are very decent guys. The more people reject the bad ways of some politicians, the more chance there is of things to improve.
Keep your spirits up !
Marie-Louise.