Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great daddo 2014-12-11 3:29

Hi Leslie. I do love the English countryside, the muse of poets, writers and artists. There is a certain sweetness, softness to it, yet the countryside has retained its songbirds, badgers, foxes etc. I hope to see some of tit myself one day. Have you seen the Turner film as yet and if so, what has been the reaction in England? Regards. Klaudio.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:53 PM
TE Expert

Thumbs up To emka: Warsaw

The price is not the issue, Malgo, some other stuff is the matter, as mauch as I'd like to see Poland , especially the area of my parents childhood's in Rudnik and Zolynia ( near Lancut).

But, maybe you'd come to Israel, we had a marvelous bright 5 days, with 21 C on average.

About Ramla, which you mentioned several times already - it is no longer the town you remember, changed a lot and not for the better.
Did not go through Ramla for many years now, do not even remember when.
Good evening, and best regards,
Ike
Old 12-10-2014, 04:35 PM
TE Expert

Hi, I invite you from time to time, I hope that one day you will come . The area of Leżajsk is very interesting, specially when the Jews are coming to see the grave of Elimelech Weisblum of Lizhensk. I have never been there but sometimes I promise to myself that I will go the next year. But then I go somewhere else. Leżajsk has also one of the best Baroque organs in Europe. But now this new museum POlin is open in Warsaw. So I think you should come.
Ramla was not a nice city when I was there. When we (I with a few Polish friends) went for sightseeing, when we returned we saw some men jumping on the bonnet of our rented car (taken from Netanya). Later we discovered something like hole in the roof, we were not sure who did it. So it was rather nervous trip. But Lod was nicer.
21 deg - nice. we have near null. Maybe I will go some when again to Israel, there are some places I still would like to see. But I have always so many plans

Warm regrad s MAlgo
Old 12-11-2014, 03:04 PM
TE Expert

Thumbs up Lower Galizia

Hi Malgo,
I know about the tumb of Elimelech Weisblum of Lizhensk, my mother told about. My daughter was there, and in Zolynia with her school trip to Poland on 2003. I had asked the school manager who accompanied the group to detour and enter to my father's village, and they did. You may know that 60% of high-school students in Israel made a trip to Poland during the last 15 years, a tradition strated long ago.
well, it is not easy trip for me, but who knows - maybe a surprise for mayself on one day.
Good evening,
Ike