Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 03:56 AM
TE Expert

Default So, where are you going?

Quite some members leaving, and I have to say that I'm not entirely convinced of staying either. But I would like to know where everyone is going if they leave TrekEarth.

I'm already on Flickr, but that is a bit massive at times. Any alternatives?

Greetings, Dennis
Old 06-11-2009, 04:30 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: So, where are you going?

LOCR.COM?

Get in touch with the "Polish trekearth" so we can have a version of their site in English and perhaps other languages?

PS: I am too shocked with the late action of the mods/administration. So instead of COMMUNICATION they "give" us CENSORSHIP? I don't want to think about what I will do and what to write right now!
Old 06-11-2009, 04:32 AM
TE Senior Member

i like flickr, it's fun. lots of options, lots of photogs (lot of brilliant photogs aswell ;o), experimental, colorful, yes vast but anything but boring ;o). all sort of stats, groups, other options, still discovering new ones (a lot more in the pro version of course, but that's ok, even better)
and i for one, needed that change.
anyways, in one of the locked threads (i think, but am a bit lazy to surf through all the others now, there was a mentioning of this <a href="http://www.locr.com" target=_black>travel photo book</a>, as a decent subsitute to TE (not entirely free either). check it out, if you have time.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:33 AM
TE Expert

I am currently on Flickr.com and Locr.com. I've also opened an account on fotopedia.com which just opened to the public yesterday, but that site has quite a different philisophy than just a photo sharing site.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:34 AM
TE Senior Member

jose, we wrote in the same time ;o)
i think you mentioned locr in the first place.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 AM
TE Senior Member

problem is, they take sooo much time if you're doing them right. one can get (am just talking about myself here ;o))) truly involved even with only one. that's why i thought i'll give flickr a chance. i can post things that are not only "learn about the world" so to speak, but also my other 'tries'. and build (more or less) like i have here.
(how sad it may sound but) it's all about self marketing in the end, isn't it?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:58 AM
TE Expert

That lockr thing looks alright, from just taking a peak.

I like this part of their TOU:

"locr claims no rights of any kind to the texts, files, images, photos, videos, sounds, musical works, copyright works or other material provided and published by users (together referred to as 'content'). After you provide or publish such content using locr's services, all rights to this content remain with you and you can continue to do with this content as you will. By providing or publishing content via locr's services you are granting locr a limited license to use this content on or via locr's services, to modify it, to present and/or display it to the public at large, to reproduce and to disseminate it."

I think, it cannot be more specific than that... I wish TE had something like this a few days ago; might have saves us some members.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:08 AM
TE Expert

Just for info, many TE members have a Facebook account. I know this has nothing to do with photography, but it's great just to keep in touch! :o)
Old 06-11-2009, 08:13 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Dennis,
Maybe Woophy.com is an interesting alternative. I do have an account there, but I am, up till now, not very active there. It takes time to build up a network of photographing friends, but if they are all leaving TE, we must try to find an alternative.
Groet Rob
Old 06-11-2009, 08:40 AM
TE Senior Member

Woophy.com:)
"All pictures remain yours, meaning your own the copyright over these pictures. Each photographer who uploads pictures on Woophy.com remains responsible for anything that might happen because of his or her picture(s).
Until you remove your pictures from the woophy.com site you give woophy.com permission to use and display your pictures.
Visitors of woophy.com can download a low resolution image of all photos you upload. They are allowed to use this for non-commercial, personal purposes only."
:))))