Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-05-2007, 01:00 PM
TE Newbie

Default Night Shots.

I always loved nigh time shots, I've seen some taken by cameras like mine, Sony Cybershot DSC-S80 , I tried to, they are blurry most of the time, reducing ISO made them go totally dark, and I'm still wondering, can anyone give me a tip?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Night Shots.

try a tripod
Old 07-05-2007, 01:05 PM
TE Junior Member

or if you don't have one handy or you don't wanna carry one around, try balancing the camera on something (like a cellphone) and use the timer to take the photo
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 PM
TE Newbie

I loved the quick answers I had, I don't know what made me not think of it, it cetaily was my shaky hand as it's difficult for the lens to capture enough light and correct the blurriness at night, thank you for the answer guyz.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Night shots are about having the camera being perfectly still, no reflections (on the lens), and very long exposures. I'm not sure that the Sony is the best choice, but as long as it gives you control over the ISO, aperture and exposure you should be fine. Don't go to very high ISOs, they have the tendency to give a lot of noise. And of course, be ready to experiment a lot. Long exposure shots are about trial and error.

Oh! Another good tip for night shots is to go out with somebody else. Just for safety reasons.