Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2019-11-17 5:45

Hi Chris
You captured the colours and patterns of the reconstructed Ishtar gate so well, especially considering the fact that the light in the museum must have been challenging.
The visitors' heads among the lions create an amusing effect.
Best wishes
Kasia
Ps. You asked me how close the car was to the cliff as I took the first photo I posted from Tajikistan. At that point it was quite safe. But as we reached river Panj (that's over 300 km of the journey) the situation changed and it was quite scary at times, especially because the driver was driving as fast as possible.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:57 PM
TE Expert

Default To kasianowak: Scary!

Hello Kasia

In Darjeeling, India, in midwinter, I had the added thrill of the 4 wheel drive slipping and sliding on the morning ice and frost with drops of several thousand feet just a metre from where the vehicle came to rest. If you ever go to Darjeeling in January, get the jeep up and the toy train down. I did it the other way and got the train up and a hired jeep down. Never again!
Old 11-18-2019, 08:07 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Scary!

Thank you for your advice Chris! It sounds like a really scary experience indeed.