Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2019-11-15 1:46

Hi Jorge,
very interesting tradition. It seems quite complicated though.
Sometimes I wonder why people invent traditions which are so time and effort consuming. It applied also to my own country traditions, I really don't like most of it as it puts unnecessary pressure on people.
Great reportage though.
Very interesting contribution,
M

Old 11-15-2019, 03:41 PM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: identity

mariusz

most of these traditions are a way to give an identity to a people, this is why that women in thailand use rings in the necks and these ones use a long hair. some peruvian tribes in the 1500's used different shapes of cranium to be different of te neighbors, it was the same with brazilian indians.
some traditions are so old that crosses thousands of years and even Christianity wasn't able to kill them. most of brazilian have no traditions, because we are a mix of races and cultures and many people have a feeling of emptiness. people need to be part of a group and traditions are part of this, this is why modern people use tattoos, ugly rings in the body, this is why they go to live a medieval life with terrorists in syria, etc.. .

take care

jorge