Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macondo 2012-11-06 3:08

Hi Rich.
Great to read your note and see the high quality picture you obtained. The sky is fantastic, and the white foam of the waves is not at all over-exposed. The long line of the coast and the waves and wispy clouds really create an impression of wildness and space. I'm glad the weather improved for you, but of course it's a lot cooler down there than in Melbourne. Hope there are still some apostles left when you come back; we've lost a couple of formations even in my lifetime! I wonder if you saw the collapsed 'London Bridge' for example. And did your bus take you down to the Loch Ard Gorge? Will reply to your email tomorrow.
Regards,
Andrew

Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To macondo: Hi

Hi Andrew, thank you again for setting up the meeting-- it was good to catch up.. we stopped briefly at Loch Ard Gorge, but then again every stop was brief considering the distance.. but a great trip and feel next time it would be worth doing in a vehicle and over a few days so as to maximise lighting.. as mentioned, when you guys come over to UK. please give us more than enough warning and we can set up a UK TE meeting.. as mentioned sometimes photography is not the priority but more the commaraderie of TE s getting together.. Have a great week ahead Rich