Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2021-06-09 7:19

Hello Mariusz,

This is a really beautiful photograph from your holiday. I love how you have used the rocky cylinders in the f/g for such a strong, dramatic effect, before we see the stretched, light reflections across the water, and lastly, the polka dot, light colours scattered across the hillside.
It's really beautiful.

With regard to Covid, for me, it is still a little early to risk international travel. Conditions change rapidly and I would hate to think how easily we could spread the virus. Our daughter had planned to visit Spain but, it never happened and in some ways she is resigned to the situation. She has booked a holiday in the U.K., as has our son; one has booked Cornwall, the other, Northumberland. They are both visiting places to which they have never been before, so will be learning about lovely places in their own country. Maybe they will be surprised!

Take care,
Bev :-)

Old 06-09-2021, 02:32 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: surprises

Hi Bev,
I hope they will be surprised by the beauty of the country rather than by English weather. A friend of mine fell in love with Northumberland having been there once and he booked a whole week there next summer, but it was raining all week long and there was absolutely nothing to do there with two little children when it rained.
Having said that, ironically I had a week of terrible weather on Madeira. When we arrived there, the weather has changed to worse and for the whole our stay it was overcast and often raining, while at the same time in the UK you had a heatwave and sun... On the day of our departure the sun came out again...
Kind regards,
Mariusz