Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-10-2014, 08:31 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: memory

Hi Malgo!

thank you very much! your critiques are always very important for me

Quote:
Polish soldiers also populate the cemeteries all over the world. Strange, we have no Victory Day.
Yes! and I'm sorry to say I did not know that Victory Day is not celebrated in Poland - the country that suffered a lot during the war (we will never forget the hell of nazi concentration camps and all the victims!)

Quote:
It sometimes seems that the fight and bloodshed is never a good solution of problems but then we hear again this time hasn't come yet.
Unfortunately, it is so.. human nature is like that. In this respect, I think you may agree with what Klaudio (daddo) said in his comment..
but, as long as I live, I will try to be an advocate of peace. We have a saying in Russia: "bad peace is better than a good quarrel (war)".
As long as I work (as a teacher) I do my best to teach my students good things. I join Chaplin's speech and still hope that the human race will be wise enough not to be the cause of their own elimination from the face of Earth...

As a person whose parents (they are very old now but still alive), being little children then - they were only 12, - took part in building defensive fortifications around Moscow in the autumn of 1941, I know what war is - from their words, their stories about those times. I've always told them to write memoirs, but they don't want to.

well, this was a tribute to those who suffered and perished. My further posts/photos will be different, of course

wish you a nice weekend!
warm greetings,
Elena