Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-06-2015, 09:01 AM
TE Newbie

Default To willperrett: hello

Thank you, well i really don't like to experiment with my pictures. that wouldnt protect a copy right correct.
Wish you God luck and thank you for ur comment
Old 08-06-2015, 10:31 AM
TE Senior Member

Hi Janice

Copyright isn't at issue here. I'm not claiming your image as mine, nor am I posting it on a commercial site. By posting images on TE, you are allowing your photographs to be Workshopped by others: it's one of the things that happen on this site. Check out the ToS (but I think it's possible to disable the "Post to Workshop" button under each image, if you don't want your images workshopped). As to "experimenting with pictures", by not doing so, you are missing out on a key stage in a photograph's development. Remember even in the days of film a great deal of "experimentation", i.e. editing, tweaking, went on in the darkroom; these days with Photoshop, Lightroom et al, it's simply easier. What comes out of the camera is seldom a ready-made photograph. I always shoot RAW, so my digital files are akin to negatives: they have to be put through Photoshop or a similar programme before they're able to be seen by others.

Keep posting!

Kind regards

Will