Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2019-08-23 11:35

Hi Gert
hmmm...one thing right away caught my attention from the 3 photos. The use of the triangular shaped hat (i know its not a triangle, but it kinda looks like it to me). I wonder if that conical shaped hat is used SO frequently today in 2019 as it CLEARLY was used by so many people we see in your 3 photos. and as for the note - awesome. Fun to hear about the experiences from times long ago haha. I doubt the city is quiet any more - I'm sure its the typical honk honk beep beep continually all day long. and as you say, almost a 1000 hotels! excellent shots, really enjoy them all. cheers
Craig

Old 08-23-2019, 06:56 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: wow!

Thanks Craig,

So you really read the note! You must be one of very few. What a nice surprise.

As for the conical hats I am sure they are still just as common. Even though the number of foreign tourists may have increased by some 10.000 % in the past 20 years life hasn't changed that much for most people. The hats are cheap, lightweight and functional. And they're part of tradition.

Have a nice weekend. Sleep well.

Gert