To delpeoples: Tilt - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Great delpeoples 2015-10-07 3:53

Gidday Will

They say we shouldn't take photos on an angle like this, but I say phooey to that. Your photo is really beautiful and very evocative, beautifully capturing the mist and the impressive textures of this spooky old forest. It's always interesting to note the difference in the trees to your own country, and here the difference could not be greater. Excellent light management too, a very artistic photo.

Best wishes
Lisa

Old 10-07-2015, 01:04 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To delpeoples: Tilt

Hi Lisa

Not entirely sure about this comment of yours: the camera wasn't tilted, as evidenced by the path in left foreground. The trees were growing at a strange angle out of the steep hillside. "They" say a lot of things, don't they, most of them wrong! But the so-called "Dutch Tilt" (why Dutch I don't know) has a long and honourable history in both film and photography. And where would Korkut Bostanci (bostankorkulugu) be without it? Many of his TE images are heavily "on the piss" and all the better for it! I'm glad you liked the picture, and didn't care whether it was on an angle or not!

Will