Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-29-2007, 07:06 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Furachan

He was a great encourager and very helpful teacher. It's ashame that he had to move on, but I understand where he's coming from.
Hopefully he will be back in the future..
Old 11-29-2007, 11:03 PM
TE Expert

.......don't yet know my friend's reasons for leaving .....don't really know my own whenever I think about it.......but I do know that a good friend of TE has left..........I'm glad to know him beyond TE and to know we'll meet again!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:28 PM
TE Junior Member

Oh no.. I don't know the reason he left TE but I know I should respect his decition. It's sad though, coz he was one of the members who kept encouraged me to keep taking pics. I hope to see his works in somewhere again. Francis, matane...!
Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
TE Senior Member

dommage de perdre une telle créativité innovante..

didier
Old 12-01-2007, 06:07 AM
TE Senior Member

I knew he had been quiet of late, but had no idea thst he had actually left and pulled his account. Thats is a real shame. He was a good friend here and inspirational to many myself included. I think he was frustrated with how the site as developing and the loss of community feeling that we had here a few years ago.
I for one will miss his photos, his critiques and his wit.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

Zepi aussi est en train de partir ...
Old 12-01-2007, 03:27 PM
TE Junior Member

I see some of the best TE folks have regrouped on photoholik...
I don't know Francis's reasons for leaving; maybe it has to do with the fact that many of his friends had left, too... He enriched this community in a very special way, and I will miss his many photographic experiments and witty comments.
Raluca
Old 12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
TE Expert

Someone knows why Zepi has left TE ?
Old 12-02-2007, 06:14 AM
TE Newbie

Je ne connais pas la raison pour laquelle Francis est parti, mais c'est en tout cas une énorme perte pour ce site, de mon point de vue. Peu de membres postent des photos de Tokyo ou du Japon, et presque personne ne poste de bonnes photos.
J'étais déjà moi aussi moins motivé par ce site depuis quelques temps (ma dernière photo postée date du mois d'août...), mais si en plus les meilleurs photographes partent...

Au-delà du cas de Francis, à mon avis il y a plusieurs facteurs qui jouent négitivement sur la motivation à rester. premièrement une offre pléthorique de sites du même genre. Trekearth pouvait plaire par son côté artisanal, de petite communauté. Ce n'est plus vraiment le cas aujourd'hui, avec une pléthore de plus ou moins bonnes photos postées chaque jour, et des dizaines de milliers de membres. Du coup, on ne voit plus immédiatement la différence avec flickr et consorts. Si j'ajoute la plaie absolue qu'est le système courtisan de copinage et d'échange de points, qui rend de médiocres photographes aussi populaires qu'un Furachan...
Enfin, trekearth n'a absolument pas changé, sur la forme, depuis au moins 3 ou 4 ans. Même maquette, quasiment les mêmes fonctionnalités (très limitées tout de même). Cela n'aide pas à éviter la lassitude.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:49 PM
TE Expert

This item caught my attention and I feel a need to comment. I've been a member for three and a half years, though I haven't been active for a couple of years. Like many folks, I got tired of the constant hunt for points that so easily consumes newcomers. I learned to play the game, but it was ultimately exhausting and boring. I stopped playing, then reduced my participation. I made many cyber friends along the way including Francis, though I was winding down around the time he was gathering steam. Along the way there were many members who chafed at the way this site is designed, some of whom deciding to leave, some raising a ruckus that led to their being asked to leave. It was always disconcerting when someone whose work I respected suddenly disappeared. I even made inquiries about the circumstances, but received the message that the subject was not open for discussion. I'm aware that most of the folks who've departed have found homes elsewhere on the web, so I don't have to forego the pleasure of seeing their work. A few are even trying to create an alternative site that reflects more their commitment to quality work and serious conversations regarding photography. That is great in my opinion. Of course, TE will remain what it is, a fine place for aspiring photographers who are learning their craft and sharing their enthusiasm for what is likely a new hobby. I say, have a good time and enjoy the camaraderie that is here. You'll likely see other folks depart, but that simply means they're no longer enjoying the process at TE and are seeking alternative venues for expression. I've found Francis posting his work elsewhere, still using the username he created for TE. So all is well with the world. Have fun everyone!