Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-17-2007, 03:54 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Posting People's Faces

Is spreading hate your idea of decency??????
Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM
TE Newbie

You are really coward Eusha for daring to threaten through internet . It is easy , just a keyboard ...You are invited to Spain to use my hands on me , i won't stop taking pictures in the streets on people because i love street and people photography
Old 07-17-2007, 04:02 PM
TE Expert

probably not the only one doing it, but in case not, I did send a mail to Adam.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Reid-

I know you've had alot of input, but basically, it boils down to this:

Unless restricted by law (& I have no knowledge of any, anywhere) you may take and publish photos of anyone doing anything, as long as you have taken the photograph of them while they are on public property.

You'll notice I didn't say "from" public property. If you take a shot of a person in their backyard, but from a public sidewalk, you may not use that shot. A person has a right to expect privacy while on private property.

Selling the photos brings in an entirely new set of rules. Unless you have a model release from any identifiable person in the shot, you may not use the photo for advertising. However, you may use it editorially.

Example:
I may sell a beach scene of a vacation destination to a travel magazine for a travel story, but I may not sell that same shot to a sunscreen manufacturer for an ad.

Also, I wouldn't post images with peoples faces blurred out. I looks funny, and it is unnecessary.

As afar as posting without their knowledge? I really see no problem with that at all. I think it is a silly issue for someone to worry about having their face seen by so many people.

We should all keep posting those wonderful shots of the wonderful faces of the wonderful people from all of those wonderful places from this wonderful planet.

Wonderfully yours,

~Vic~
Old 07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
TE Newbie

Donīt be so coward Kinginexile(once more...) TE is meant to be plural and that's how the world goes on : hatred , racism and more hatred ... TE somehow has to represent those tendencies (through topics , pictures , debates , critics making a picture be more than a good POV , Compo and so on ...) if aims to become more global . The limit is the personal respect among the members ( i cannot name anyone sonofabit.h but i 'm for critisizing religious , political models and certain attitudes that can emerge from a comment or being illustrated by the aid of a post ) and everything else can be put under a critic even using spew vocabulary ...What is or is not spew depends on cultural and personal appreciations . I īve seen some pictures that can damage some people 's sensativiness (related to the Catholicism , Iraq war , Jewish , Holocaust ...and so on ) and unless some people uses it to attack others everything should be ok ...TE works under the standard of aAnglowhitecatholicgoodmannersenglishpoliteness social code
Old 07-17-2007, 05:18 PM
TE Expert

You talk about respect among members ... i see no respect at all in EUSHA participation in this thread! Racism should be banned from the face of the heart ...

I barely participate in threads were religion comes into it ... do you know why? because religion make people blind.... blind and stupid!

EUSHA accuse western countries of propaganda against Islam ... this is sooooo narrow-minded ... who talk about propaganda or even in Islam in this thread in first place? this is so typical from one with the head full of hate and bullshit religious propaganda himself.

We can talk about the atrocities of Greece; Italy; England; France .... but we can also talk about Afghanistan; Iraq; Lebanon; Sierra Leone ... the list is endless.

There's no saints and sinners ... we all sin!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:25 PM
TE Expert

Donīt be so coward Kinginexile(once more...)
-------------------------------------------

not sure what you mean by that and the parentheses, and besides, when is calling people's names and attacking them for the color of their skin represent personal respect and tendencies?

We did not wait for you or Eusha to be tolerant and multi-cultural on TE. If there is one thing that the site is successful for, is that spirit of tolerance, welcoming and curiosity for all cultures.

Cowardly,

H
Old 07-17-2007, 06:12 PM
TE Expert

I don't see a lot of win-win thoughts in the sudden enthousiastic thread here ?

"Goodbye Adam" does it mean Ouke that you are soon planning to leave TE likewise Mr Coward was proposing for Muhammad :)

Maybe we give too much attention to it all cause we were lucky not to be born in certain places where you have to watch out for the seamy side of life cause they were born there or to watch out for the bull or the vulture.

Let's enjoy the diversity always in a win-win mood, religions have started too many wars already.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 PM
TE Newbie

I have a great shot of four people at a bus stop (on a public street) on a busy night after the nightclubs have closed. However, one of the people is clearly objecting having their photo taken by showing their middle digit. Soon after I got this shot they made it very clear to me that they didn't appreciate having their picture taken and insisted (with the help of a bobby who came over to see what the commotion was about) that I take no more photos, which I didn't. I explained to both parties that I had every right to shoot anyone or anything that was in a public place in the UK.

My question is then - can I post/display the picture I took before they verbally requested no more pictures?

It's rather a dichotomy for me because on the one hand - a subject objected to it (once they saw I had a camera), and on the other - it's a pretty darn good shot of a late night, tired and drunk moment that reflects a lot about the nightlife culture in my area.

Best policy is perhaps to ask permission first. However, this approach more often destroys the chance of capturing a spontaneous moment.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

TW
Old 11-29-2007, 07:33 PM
TE Junior Member

trewheeler-

I'd post it without a second thought.

See my previous post.

~V~