Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-29-2003, 05:29 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: A different perspective

Could you explain further? If the "pictures of the day" page includes all new photos for the first 24 hrs, then it's effectively just a new "Page 1", and the same image volume dilemma applies.

There could certainly be a page of highlights of the day (determined by number of views, ratings, editor's discretion, etc), which would keep things more limited. I suspect, though, that such a solution would just make highly viewed images MORE highly viewed and not draw attention to less-viewed images.

I'm sure there is a good solution. It's worthy of further debate.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:56 AM
TE Newbie

Default :Re: Photo Uploads - 1/day?

I have no problem with 1 per day or 2 per 2days.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:45 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: A different perspective

I agree with Sam -- the currently discussed limitation will not ultimately solve the issue if members continue to join at the current rate. I really don't see an ultimate solution here that will give new photos face time on page 1. I don't think we want to limit photo uploads to less than one day.

I also agree with the person who pointed out that not everybody can or will log in daily. If I'm on an extended trip I may not have access to sufficient photo-editing utilities or bandwith most of the time. Therefore I prefer allowing people to upload in batches per week. Or if not too technically difficult, allow people to upload as many as they wish but visible only to themselves. Then they can make them publically visible at the rate of one per day later (or have the system automatically do it for them).