Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great snunney 2016-07-27 2:04

Hello Malgo,
This is indeed a fascinating landscape and you have captured it beautifully from this angle. I like the sumptuous red tones and beautiful textures. The grey sky retains interest and makes a superb foil for the landscape below.
I see from your profile that you have been to Peru, where have you not been:-) I have wish to go there next year, probably in September. I am thinking of visiting Lima, Arequipa and Cuzco using internal flights; I don't like long coach trips. Does this seem doable; would you recommend anywhere else?

Old 07-28-2016, 10:26 AM
TE Expert

Smile To snunney: Peru

Hello Stephen

Thanks for your words.
I was in Peru in prehistory - in the previous millenium in a non digital era. . Of course it can be done, there are many local flights. Better early September before the wet season begins. Along the coast, it is desert bur higher parts of Andes lie in rain forests. I liked Lima, for Craig it was horrible. Anyway, rather short stay there. Arequipa is very beautiful and one can go to Colca Canyon from there. Cusco is of course the must. There are good trips from there - Machu Picchu for sure, also Ollantaytambo, Urubamba Valley, Sacsahuaman, Pisac is lovely and less visited. For me, also Paracas and Nazca were very interesting.

WArm regrad s MAlgo
Old 10-02-2019, 01:19 PM
TE Newbie

Ah, Peru, it's great. The last time it certainly worked out for me. I visited peruvian ayahuasca retreat and enjoyed local nature a lot, recommend checking it out.