Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 10:01 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Deleating Workshops - Kind of a complex?

Well, here we go again. It happened to me, too, the day before yesterday. I made a workshop and received an answer from the person I did it for, saying that they liked it. Then, today, I find that the whole post has vanished, with my critique (and several others) and the workshop (which, by the way, quite a few people found useful). Maybe that person was unhappy because I had only given him a 1-point smiley?

What bugs me most is that it was not a new member who might not yet have been familiar with TE and how it works. It was a member who had already posted quite some shots and therefore should be familiar with the basic rules of respect and cooperation in a community like this.

Another member deleted a picture yesterday on which I had made some suggestions for improvement. He had tried those suggestions and made a workshop himself (I had already used up my quota for that day) - and then obviously decided he wasn't happy with anything so the whole post was deleted. That was a relatively new member though so it doesn't bug me that much.

Personally I am always happy when someone takes the time and effort to do a workshop for one of my pictures. To me it means that someone has put in time and thought because they believed that the shot was worth it. I find it extremely rude when someone (especially a long-time member) doesn't appreciate those efforts. If you don't like the workshop, just say it - but the fact that someone makes suggestions on how to make a shot better, and even takes the time to show you how, is no reason to feel humiliated or angry.

Thanks for reading - I just had to let off some steam. ;o)
Claudia