Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good mkamionka 2020-10-23 3:33

Hi Bev,
no worries. In fact you are right, we are probably not critical enough on TE. I think I am the most critical about my own photos. Things which other people criticize are usually quite cosmetic but occasionally I spot something in a daylight which I didn't notice in the evening preparing the photo... but then it is too late.

But having said that, don't take it as a revenge but I figured since you are more open minded you would not mind my criticism here :)

I like this idea here and some patterns are clearly there in the field but I would say you are not high enough to show them clearly. We see some pattern in the centre left and we can guess that there are more patterns around it. The workshop photo clearer shows the central pattern.
The second problem is the light. I think this is the reason why in the main upload you cut away the sky, and that was a good idea but whatever is left is not enough. I think on a sunny day this could be a great spot for photography, the colors would get more pronounced and the differences between the lines in the field, and then either the houses in the corner or the sky as in the workshop could get some better definition.

We have a rainy day today and so far this season did not offer too many photo opportunities for me. May be I am too weather sensitive.
Have a great weekend,
M

Old 10-23-2020, 11:49 AM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: Patterns in the Field

Ha! Ha! Mariusz, I don't take offence, unless someone is being downright rude, but I would prefer people to be more honest with their critiques!
By making mistakes, we can improve!

It was impossible to get higher to photograph this field.
I actually went through the gate because the stone wall around it, shrouds details of the field.

The field nearer our house would have been a better and easier example to photograph but, when I went with my camera, the grass had already been collected! Dam!

​​​​​​With regard to the light, if I waited for a good light, or a sunny day, I would have to hang up my camera!
The weather has been very grey recently!

Have a good w/e, Bev
Old 10-23-2020, 01:13 PM
TE Expert

Hi Bev,
to be honest, honesty is a difficult thing, especially over internet. If you don't see somebody's face expression we tend to take words too directly and often interpret as offensive. I also realize that many people share photos here just for fun so I don't want to be too critical.

Yes I thought so that it could be much better taken with the camera, but I didn't want to add to the long list of my complaints already...
But indeed, the phones are getting great nowadays and at perfect weather the photos come out perfect. Also at a closer rage with people the results are stunning. But under conditions like here indeed with some more challenging light -they struggle more to get a good definition.
I though as well that a drone would be good there, then you could achieve effect like with those south American drawings by ancient Indians there.

Have a good weekend,
M
Old 10-23-2020, 02:11 PM
TE Expert

Default Drones

Hi Mariusz,

Len used to have a drone but found less and less time to actually take it out and become proficient so he decided to sell it!
Had we hung on to it too long, the price would probably have dropped considerably!

It went o a new computer instead!

Kind regards, Bev