Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2020-10-22 8:17

Hello Ronny,
I'm very sure that I visited this pagoda in 1997 and I remember the huge crack in the rock wall. It was then stated that this crack was due to an earthquake in the 19th century.
But I don't remember that I went there by boat. Is it impossible by tuk tuk from Mandalay?
In any case, this is a very impressive sight and the pagoda has a beautifully decorated entrance.
The female monk poses very proudly and owns an umbrella like I bought one in Myanmar. In those days I sometimes bought things that I liked while travelling. However, I stopped doing that many years ago :)
A fantastic site presented very beautifully.
Best regards, Paul

Old 10-22-2020, 05:58 PM
TE Newbie

Default To PaulVDV: Mingun

Hello Paul!
To reach Mingun you have to cross the Irawaddy river, so I took the boat, what nearly all tourists do.It lasts about 90 minutes one way.
The option by car is to cross the river at Sagaing bridge south of Amarapura(U Bein bridge).But I think on the river it is more cool and not so loud and bumpy.Now I`ll haae a look at your Myanmar fotos.
Regards,Ronny
Old 10-22-2020, 07:03 PM
TE Expert

Default No pictures of Myanmar here

Thank you Ronny,

I haven't posted pictures of Myanmar here.
In that time I had slide films and I never bothered to scan them since I made a new trip every year.

All the best !
Paul