To nd2k: different views - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good Luko 2009-11-22 7:10

Levente, viewed from my part, I'm not too sure you took all the advantage of this scene.
Firstly if I share your love for Tuscany, I don't see here what color brings to the scene which is mostly a play of shapes, as I see it.

I would propose some reframing, and most of all putting into a nice BW version that would enhance the play of geometry and contrast. You said time capsule, why then not encapsulated it in time with a warm BW tone. see my WS....
Edit later on: ok no WS allowed on your photo.. then no WS it will be. :)

Old 11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
TE Newbie

Default To nd2k: different views

Hey Nitin,
taking sharp photos is usually quite easy in this digital age, and I agree with you that there should probably have been a couple of eyes or some details sharp and clear in this photo.Background info: when I came to this point in my photoday in Varanasi I was completely exhausted, and had probably taken hundreds of frames. Sometimes such a situation may cause unexpected results like here: I decided to do something unusual: I set the flash superhigh (probably + 2 levels) and my exposure minus 1level, and took it at a time exposure of around 1/10 of a second. To do this I had to run beside the rickshaw wallah. I got about 3 different photos of him. And I must admit I like them all, and none of them are sharp- they alle portray his frantic, his hard work and his toil. You see, in my view sharp does not automatically make it more meaningful, at least not always.
Yours friendly ivar