Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2011-01-03 15:42

Hello Leslie,

When I first looked at this one, I thought, "Déjà vu"! Because, just a few days ago, I remarked upon this picture which I believe was taken from as point only a few yards from where you were standing! Am I right?

I believe that your picture was taken a few yards back from where Gladys was standing and, of course, the little dog is missing in your picture! What a coincidence!

Anyway, that beside (and, of course, it is only natural now to compare the two pictures), this is a fine photograph. As also is Gladys's one. I like them both: hers was taken in sunshine: in yours the light is more subdued. You have included a fine sky and some buildings: she has not. Hers has a strong lead-in to the right to the little gate: yours has this but it is less well defined, perhaps more subtle. The exposure, sharpness, clarity and colours in both are excellent.

Who cares? Both pictures are excellent to my mind. We are all individuals and see this wonderful World about us in different ways.

Excellent!

A Happy New Year to you and yours,

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Have you met Gladys? I have been on this site for over four years and have yet to meet a single TE, TL or TN member!

P.P.S. Perhaps I am overly anally-retentive, but I like to add co-ordinates to my pictures when I upload them. I also like to see, on other people's postings, the exact position from which they took their pictures. It's quite easily done: firstly, you need to go onto GoogleEarth and set the properties so that co-ordinates are set in decimals rather than degrees, minutes and seconds. Then, find your position, hover your mouse over the point and read off, at the bottom of the page, the co-ordinates and write them down on some scrap paper. Then add them into the note for your photograph.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Smile To tyro: Splatt!

Hello John,thanks for your kind and comprehensive critique,I hasten to add that I do know Gladys,we will have been married 50 years in 2012, so we are quite familiar with each others work,we are of course each others greatest guide and mentor,at least that`s what we tell our friends! Everybody has their own view which is as it should be.

At the moment I haven`t downloaded Google Earth,when I get around to it I`ll give it a go.
All the best
Les.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:19 PM
TE Expert

Default What a blunder!

Thank you, Les, for your kind reply. By Jove, just as well I didin't say anything disparaging about Gladys or her photographs! Of course, silly me, I never really noticed the surname(s) or, if I did, it never "twigged" with me. Congratulations on your marriage, even if it is 48 years too late!

Anyway, the comments and remarks I have made in the past about your photographs and those of Gladys remain the same!

Kindest regards to you both and Best Wishes for the coming year,

John.

Tags
earth, morning