Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 07:01 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Kubha Fair in INDIA...

Kumbh Mela is going on in Haridwar,India.

There are still two royal bath to experience the greatest show on Earth.

#1.15 March 2010 (Monday)- Somvati Amavasya - Dvitya Shahi Snan - Royal Bath for six Akharas of Vaishnav and Udasi sects
The no moon day on a Monday is such an auspicious event that the river Ganga, the divine cosmos, along with all the revered pilgrimages on this earth, shower exceptional spiritual benediction on anyone who performs worship, japa, or meditation on this auspicious day. The significance of this day is equivalent to the auspiciousness of a Solar Eclipse. Taking a holy dip, performance of charitable acts and Shraddha (giving oblations in the name of manes) on this day is considered perennial & everlasting. Observance of vow of silence followed by a holy dip in the sacred waters bestows the person with the meritorious effect equivalent to that of giving a thousand cows in donation.

#2.14 April 2010 (Wednesday) - Amavasya of Krishna Paksh (dark fortnight) of month of Baisakh (Vaisakha or Jyeshtha) - Pramukh Shahi Snan:

MAIN ROYAL BATH for six Akharas of Vaishnav and Udasi sects
The no moon day in the month of Vaisakh is the festival of Vata Savitri Vratam. It is a fast day observed by all Hindu married women for their husbands' good health and longevity. In early morning, women take purificatory bath and wear new clothes. Savitri is worshipped and fruits are offered to the goddess. In the afternoon, they bow to their respective husbands and elderly people.

28 April 2010 (Wednesday) - Vaishakha (Shakh) Purnima - Snan
The full moon day, last auspicious bathing date of the Kumbh festival, marks the three major events in Lord Buddha's life: His birth, enlightenment and death. Observance of Satyanarayana Swamy Vratam and Vishnu Pujas are done on this day.

I think it will be a lifetime experience to any photographer of the world...

Subir...
http://subirbasak.orgfree.com
Old 04-07-2010, 06:46 PM
TE Expert

Hello, Subir,
Thanks for this interesting information. But my vacation will some later. In early May I will go to Goa (Calangute). What can you recommend to visit there?

All the best wishes!

Serghei