Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 01:46 AM
TE Senior Member

Default So that is their answer??

To lock every thread from members who are rightfully upset and unhappy?? I will post no more photos to this site. I am finished.

Shelly
Old 06-11-2009, 02:09 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: So that is their answer??

Where is the transparency?

Moderators locking the following threads:

Re: owners/administrators
Resale rights
Written Petition to IB Inc and to NASDAQ:INET

The prosperity of this amazing community is exactly based on their talent and beliefs. I have know some members who left years back and thinking a new change would be a fresh start that’s why I joined.

I don't think I could trust IB as well…"We may modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting on the Site. You agree to be bound to any changes to these Terms and Conditions when you use the Site after any such modification is posted. Is it important that you review these Terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes made. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement regarding your use of the Site and the services it offers and supercede any such prior terms. "

Here is the letter to our fellow TE Members: Posted and blocked

TOS Update:

TE Members.

A recent inadvertent mistake published a previous version of the terms of service at TrekEarth.com. We are currently investigating the cause of the mistake to ensure we will avoid a recurrence in the future. We have replaced the TOS correct version and apologize for any misunderstanding this caused.

I believe many in the community are concerned about the changes to TOS and the possible reasons behind them. In an effort to ease any lingering fears I will attempt to clarify IB’s overall intention for TrekEarth and the content that is published on it.

We neither have the right to nor intention to sell any photos provided by the community to any other site regardless of whether IB owns and operates it. We merely publish what the community provides on TE.

If at anytime we increase the features available the members of TE, each will be in a clear opt-in framework. Please be assured your photos are only used as they can seen publicly on the site.

We are very committed to upholding the rights of ownership a photographer maintains with their work. Between the moderation team and the staff here at IB we spend many hours reviewing photos to identify any possible infringement issues.

I hope that moving forward every member at TE will feel completely comfortable entrusting us with their amazing photos.

Truly
Brent Conver
Site Director
Internet Brands
Old 06-11-2009, 03:03 AM
TE Expert

Shelly;

From what it seems the threads that were removed were in regards to the TOS for which Brent (in the previous thread) has already addressed.

I know you are not happy with the new TE layout as everytime I turn around I seem to see comments from you saying so. I highly doubt TE is going to be going back to the old layout anytime soon, so if you don't like it Shelly- then stop stressing over it and find somewhere else to post your shots.

I personally am happy with the layout and I continue to frequent TE when I find the time...

Whatever you decide- the best of luck to you.
- Dan
Old 06-11-2009, 03:46 AM
TE Senior Member

You are a bit late, Daniel.
I have already expressed my intent to stop posting here. And it is not just the matter of the layout. (Although I still don't care for it) - it's the whole lost feeling of community. And I have already begun posting elsewhere so thanks for the good wishes,

Shelly
Old 06-11-2009, 03:53 AM
TE Expert

Where are you posting? I am on Flickr, but it is quite massive over there. So I'm also looking for something a bit smaller, a bit more confined. Like the old TE when I started here.

Greetings, Dennis
Old 06-11-2009, 04:26 AM
TE Senior Member

Hi, Dennis,
I am posting the link to the site I have joined. It's pretty small, really nice, well layed out and the people are great. Perhaps because there are a number of Trek sites members there. Have a look. It might be just what you're looking for.

Perfectly Captured.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:31 AM
TE Expert

It looks like a lovely site Shelly. I will also check it out. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
TE Expert

IMO, TE is no longer the site owned by Adam anymore. It is now part of IB which is listed on NASDAQ:INET where share prices should be more about confidence in the stock.

And when members using 1 of the 6 core websites are not getting what was promised, what is the best to be done?

I sincerely suggest a few brave and volunteer members based out of USA to take up and form a committee to represent majority of active users. This will be a better platform to channel our complaints and fears of copyrights and what not on ToS and TOU. Why USA members? Because of ease of contact and addresses and the laws of the same country where the servers are located apply equally to users there.

Look up www.internetbrands.com and who is the management team? Mr Brisco is CEO and Lisa Morita is on daily operations. So I ask some USA active members to start something rolling?

regards, bill
Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 AM
TE Junior Member

"Why USA members? Because of ease of contact and addresses and the laws of the same country where the servers are located apply equally to users there."

Good luck with that and where did you get that idea from?!?!?!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: US legal system?

I think before I would attempt to tackle the ridiculous law system in the US, I would just go elsewhwere and stop complaining endlessly about the same thing you cannot change. The US legal system is too busy enabling the immoral majority to help, anyway.

When it rains, you put on a raincoat, or stay out of the rain. Post or don't. If you want to leave, leave.

This insipid pink in the layout needs to GO too. Brown and pink? It looks like some tacky teen bride's wedding colour scheme.

I have figured the new TE out. No need to use the beta version. I'm not feeling the need to leave, because who will steal/sell my pictures? Mr. T? I do understand the more accomplished who worry about image theft, but seriously people, that's a small percentage here.

Let's get back to the issues such as why are Western penises verboten, yet "third" world or "native" pee pees and hoo-haws are art.

Farah