Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great foxy 2020-11-23 6:42

Hello Paul,
A stunning beautiful glimmering eye of a sun about to set in the mountain with the serenity of the river flowing smoothly , beaming from the wonderful skies transforming a scene of pure satisfaction to look at. A perfect day to welcome the sleepy night of Pak Beng in WS2.
Both pictures have different moods - before and after sunset. One thing for sure, it has the moods of completely silent. No wonder people tend to stay only one night.
:-) for me, the cleanliness is most important in hotels or guesthouses. Secondly, a good hearty b/fast. Btw, for 12 euro, you were so lucky to have a room you mentioned.
What I read about Pak Beng, I think one night is more than enough even the amazing view of the Mekong river.
You know, you've inspired me so much of Loas. BUT the only problem, I don't know I can travel through Laos like you. It's a bit intimidating traveling alone.
Anyway, thanks for sharing this sleepy Pak Beng.
Loong

Old 11-23-2020, 03:56 PM
TE Expert

Default To foxy: Travelling by yourself

Thank you Loong,

It's not difficult to travel by yourself through Laos.
On your picture you seem to be still very young. Lots of young people travel through Laos, Cambodia and Thailand.
I'm sure you will meet other travellers and won't stay alone for too long.

On most places in the three mentioned countries they serve western breakfast.
Fruit is usually included. Eggs are always present. I've eaten so many eggs ... enough for the rest of my life
Only in the far north of Laos there's not a big choice of food.
A few times for breakfast there was only noodle soup. Sometimes this is quite good, sometimes it has the taste of dishwater ...

All the best!
Paul