Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-17-2005, 12:21 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: 1GB in 10 minutes? Are you nuts? :D

Hi Craig and welcome to TE!

Do I detect a hint of cynicism here? ;) Actually on a 1GB card, I average around 100 RAWs and of course, I do not maintain the average 1GB per 10 minutes throughout the day as this only happens at peak moments. However, having a 100 RAWs within 10 minutes are not that hard to do. One of the time that this happens a lot is when the couple exiting the church. From the moment that they leave the altar to the outside varies somewhere around 5 to 10 minutes depending how many hugs and handshakes are happing along the way. At least 8 shots are required when the priests gives the final blessing, the parents and participants approval is ~6 shots, starting to move ~8 shots, down the aisle ~5-30 shots. This will gives me enough reserves for the pre-requisite church door shoots and 5 seconds bursts when they rush down the church stairs :D.

I am for sure no Bambi Cantrell and an average wedding photographer if you ask me. For sure, I would never want to own a full service wedding business either, too much work. However, I am an hired weekend-warrior, I handed the contracts by a studio and gives them the RAWs or negatives (which of course much less twitchy when using film) and call it a day. I do help them out with first selection, removing all the blurred, eyes-closed, picking nose fingers shots, etc... I have become extremely efficient and can filter 1000 shots under 2 hours.

The numbers of large size photos are dependent on the price of the package that the couple chooses and how long the day would be. One thing, I know is that the contracts that I've taken is not less $2000 and only involves 200 4x6" proofs. Professional photographers make better photo than the average Joe due to a combination of talent, experience and gear but also because they shoot a lot more frames than an average Joe too. Probability helps.

Cheers,
Thien
Old 01-17-2005, 04:07 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: 1GB in 10 minutes? Are you nuts? :D

Yeah, maybe a bit of cynicism :-) After all, for my first forum posting, I had to make an impact-lol.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:20 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Mass storage 'on the road' with CompactDrive PD7X

So Thien, can you tell us how your PD7X performed on your latest trip to Laos, please. Any problems with anything?
Kevin
Old 02-05-2005, 05:44 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Kelvin,

The PD7X performed flawlessly for me so far in Myanmar, Hong Kong, Laos and Singapore. It still looks new asides from some scratches caused by bumps and jolts along the way. It is undoubtedly the best digital wallet that I have used or tested (and I have seen most of them).

I highly recommend the PD7X if you are in need of a digital wallet.

Thien
Old 05-11-2005, 10:10 PM
TE Expert

For the record, this compact drive has been discontinued by the manufacturer, who says on its website that the product is unreliable. I checked the site to get more information and was surprised to come upon this announcement.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:54 PM
TE Expert

Check this thread Curtis .

Cheers
Old 01-19-2007, 07:42 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Mass storage of photos 'on the road'

I know this is a "late" reply to this subject, but recently after waiting, waiting and waiting for a do-it-all device, I am finally obtained an MP3/Photo & VideoPlayer/Calendar/organization/Notepad/Voice Recorder, AND an 30GB storage device with a slot to dump my CF memory card. All for a "lousy" $275.00.
You can check out the Creative Zen W for more infor. here:
http://www.creative.com/products/pmp/

Boy! I am so thrill when I can download/backup the CF, then watch them as slide show and listening to music at the same time... and hey, it's even can accept RAW too! For a few more bucks, you can get the 60GB version if you wished.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:27 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Mass storage of photos 'on the road'

you should use a digital photo frame for ur photos