Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-03-2005, 11:42 AM
TE Newbie

Default Canon 70/200 f4 L

This afternoon I go to buy my 70/200 f4 L; it's very difficult in Paris to find one, finally I found one at fnac montparnasse, and with the coupon of 100 of Canon and the 6% of Fnac card, it's only 700 .It's a very good price for such quality, if I refer to my 17/40 L , I can slep on my two ears!!!!
So I'm selling a 55/200usm, and filters..., and also 3 Kenko rings for macro, if somebody is interested? contact me!
Try to fin grip BGE2 also, very difficult , 'cause of some problems with battery life!I found one in Berlin, I'll see in 10 days with Guntram!
I'll show you soon pics with my new toy..... :)
philippe
Old 12-03-2005, 07:52 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Canon 70/200 f4 L

When I bought my 20D, it came with the grip, but as it package only came with one battery, I never used it until I got more batteries (bought them on e-bay for about 21 euros each brand new but not genuine Canon). Since I put the grip on, it's been there ever since. It makes the camera feel perfectly balanced, and the duplication of the buttons are such a gain especillay if shooting portrait. Running the camera with twin batteries doesn't give me the length of life I was expecting, bearing in mind they are not genuine Canon batteries, and I run a 2.2gb microdrive which I think sucks the life from batteries - but the extra buttons and the 'feel' it gives are worth buying it for. I'll just have to save my pennies to buy some pukka Canon batteries, but at about 75 euros each, I think they are extortionate.