Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 AM
TE Junior Member

Default the workshops

Hi Michael,
I really like both the workshops, I think my original is more realistic, it was sort of grey and hazy that day, but especially the color workshop made the picture a lot punchier. My reservation would be the sharpening, there are some relatively clear halos, particularly on the mans right hand side, between his jacket and the water. It's interesting though - when I look at the two version side-by-side the original looks sort of soft, but when I look at the original on it's own it looks sharp.

The black and white version was nice as well, clean and crisp. There's still definition in all the important places and contrast and brightness are just righ for my taste. The only thing I could complain about is that the river bank is was blown out in the conversion to B&W. I don't know if it would be possible to do something locally to preserve it?

Regards,
Simon
Old 06-22-2007, 07:08 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: the workshops

I love the shot of the man (who is not the drunken captain) but a man who poses for cameras day after day to make a living. You're right my workshop punches the color and an emotion that I felt when i looked at this photo----- Of course your shot is the real one- you were there, your camera felt the mug of humidity, your camera felt the control of locality. My workshop expressed the expressive of an emotion; and no matter what the thought; what the memory; you were there and your push of the buttom captured his expression in a moment of time. All I did was interpret your expression. Oh what a life to cater to taxi people that find you interesting enough to take your photo.
What a life?!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:22 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: the workshops

The whole thing when I saw your photo was the man; I just wished i could see him more. He was just so much more interesting then his surroundings---- I wish him well :o)