The Admiral's Guard

• My photo "The Admiral's Guard" showing a feral cat in Istanbul was removed. The eager beaver who removed it did not even bother to read the note:

"Istanbul is known for its feral and semi-feral cats. They are everywhere. Feral cats are taken care of by no one and everyone. You will see passers-by or locals dropping food for these little felines. The semi-feral ones are those that are consistently fed and taken care of by one household without letting them into the house. So they are outdoor cats "owned" by someone.

This is one small feline sitting in the middle of Emirgân Park without a care in world, confirming that Istanbul is a cat-haven.

The title of this photo was given before I realized that I took this photo in Emirgân, and not in Beşiktaş. With this photo, I end my reportage of our first complete day in Istanbul."

I usually get an email about a removal but this time it did not come through. Please restore the photo.
  • Tos 10
    The tool we used to give explanation doesn’t work properly but all the members who are now posting on the Gallery should know the rules anyway...

TOS - 10
    Photographs of family, friends, or any pets (not only one's own). Close shots of stray cats and dogs are also not allowed, shots of stray dogs and cats can only be posted when they are part of their surrounding.