Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2019-02-22 23:57

Hello Elvira,

What a fascinating quirk of Nature! I was never aware of such things as these pyramids although (despite not having seen them myself) they immediately reminded me of the sharp limestone pyramids which exist in the Tsingy area of western Madagascar. But these moraine pyramids you show us are obviously much softer and quite delicate - and how interesting that the loss of a stone from the top of a pyramid will cause that pyramid to be rapidly eroded.

Your photograph is delightful and shows these remarkable structures to very good effect - far, far better than any of the photographs in the linked webpage to which you kindly referred us. The light is beautifully soft, the colours natural and the details and sharpness exquisite.

I've learned something today. Every day is a school day!

Fascinating!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: Madagascar and Italy

Hello John,
thanks for your kind words! You are right, this is what I like about TE just as you do - the "school days". You compare these pyramids with some phenomenon on Madagascar, Mesut Ilgim was reminded on Cappadocia and Ian Fegent even thought of Bryce Canyon. As a friend of mine always used to say "you do not need to leave Europe to see all the wonders of the world.....". (Don't know if I agree!)
Thanks once more for looking and taking your time to write such detailed comments. I`ll be absent from now on for a short while and hope to come back with a load of photos to share from Sri Lanka. Bye, have a nice weekend,
Elvira