Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kokoro-zukai 2009-11-26 20:42

Hello Urs,

Daihatsu passing thru...

The street sure is narrow and quite dangerous for this man working along side.

I learn a lot from you Urs! Never had the chance to try any Chinese decoctions but I did try some herbal soups, quite bitter actually.

Thanks for suggesting the tandoori chicken and paratha, they were very delicious...had them for days!

Happy Thanksgiving my friend ;)

Old 11-27-2009, 07:16 AM
TE Expert

Default To kokoro-zukai: Chinese Herbal Soup mix

Hi Keiji

Long time no see, how are you doing? I have to disappoint you the Daihatsu will not be able to pass through because the Herbalist has his cart right at the entrance to the covered market. However the street leading to it, is narrow, only a little bit wider then a car!

Some of the Chinese herbal soups are more bitter others not so. It depends what you select. Bitter taste is good - according to the Chinese - for the heart. They belief in balanced food, very similar to Japanese tradition, isn't it?

Are you still eating Tandoori chicken and Paratha every day? Try once Tandoori fish or Tandoori vegetable, it tastes also very nice.

Thanksgiving is an American custom, we European do not have that festival, or more correctly we do not eat then a turkey. Eating turkey was introduced in Europe in the early 1960s. I remember well, when my father came home with some turkey meat ...

Thanks for the critique

Best regards my friend
Urs
Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Urs: Chinese Herbal Soup mix

Hello Urs,

I doing good, thanks. The Daihatsu stays. The herbalist rules!

I remember my grandma always serves me her own concoction of herbal soups when I'm sick. The only bitter drink I normally take is tea not so much in soups, I have aquired western taste [sad to say]. I like bitter melon [raw] though.

Just did Tandoori chicken last Friday, it's so good you just can't get over it! I have gotten an appetite for this, this has to stop my friend hahaha...maybe will try the Tandoori veggies ;)

Turkey meat is healthy though taste like cardboard, depends how they prepared with garnishing and other stuff around it like extra gravy perhaps?

Always
Old 12-01-2009, 01:15 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Urs: Chinese Herbal Soup mix

Most American cannot cook in my opinion. Turkey can be tasty, but I do not like the way how they prepare their stuffed turkey. It's too heavy and the taste most of the time is questionable. When you prepare turkey properly, like a steak, the taste is between chicken and pork.

have a nice day - I have to run to the Thailand International Motor Expo

Have a great day, my friend
Urs
Old 12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Urs: Always on the go

Americans started the fastfood, the supersize burgers and all! American do learn how to experience real cooking from different cuisine, mostly they hire foreign chefs in their restaurants, they train students to become good cooks. I guess a seasoned traveller like you can know the difference.

You're a hard man to catch Urs, always on the go and so much explorations!

Be well ;)