Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kokoro-zukai 2009-06-09 20:49

Hi Urs,

I remember exploring Chatuchak's market food variety, I observe and wonder locals eat and ask what is that they're eating? I never tried those water ice cream, but tried those sticky delicacies and fried 'creatures'. Quite a good experience trying things imaginable that you'll never eat.

I like the documentary style, showing culinaria from different Thai region.

Did you try? How does it taste like?

Keiji

Old 06-10-2009, 05:04 AM
TE Expert

Default To kokoro-zukai: Chatuchak water ice cream

Hi Keiji,

Thanks for your critic. I live and work since 1982 in Asia and I'm based in Bangkok and Alor Star since 1987, that's some years and you get to know the local delicacies. Generally locals will know what the hawkers are offering for sale, but urban locals can be very picky and have forgotten what kind of food is available upcountry. so you have tried some stick rice - Khao Ngau - and fried squid - Pad Pla Meuk. Not bad. This traditional water ice cream has been on sale in Europe as well some decades ago. It's refreshing, like ice water with a taste.

Tomorrow I will post another food picture from Chatuchak, especially for you.

Best regards
Urs
Old 06-10-2009, 05:46 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Urs Re: Food

Can't wait to see them Urs...coconut custards, jellies those wrapped in banana leaves are good, Khao niaow rice, anything that has lemon grass, herbs, peanuts in lime sauce, crayfish salad, red and green curries, tom yum soup all to die for!

Keiji
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Urs Re: Food

No problem, there is more to come in the next few days, I only have begun posting and my archives are large, belief me.

Best regards
Urs