Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-26-2006, 02:23 AM
TE Expert

Default V-A-M-O-S------P-O-R-T-U-G-A-L!!!!!!!!

vamos adelante!!!!!!!!!!

congratulations Bolao!
congratulations Jose!

and a tribute to Fernando who is no longer with us!

I felt so happy today! I yelled the goal!
Best wishes! I wantt to see a BRAND NEW WORLD CHAMPION!

I hope Portugal can win the world cup!

K.
I felt sorry for Rinie...on the other hand...
Old 06-26-2006, 09:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: V-A-M-O-S------P-O-R-T-U-G-A-L!!!!!!!!

Obrigada Cesar

I watched the game on TV (of course ) and screamed so loud I believe they could hear me all the way in Germany.

Somehow the game brought to my mind the innocent battle of the windmills. It's just fun between two friendly countries.

Vaamos Portugal. GOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

Cristina
Old 06-26-2006, 12:31 PM
TE Expert

fantastic match! i saw it yesterday night when i was still on the Alps. i should be came bak to Milan after the end of the first half, but i'm still to see that wonderful and dramatic match just to the last second...and i was arrived in Milan at 1 in the night!
ciao
Old 06-26-2006, 01:40 PM

Default The innocent battle of the windmills

Well reminded Cristina! :-))))

It seems that Portugal and Holland are meant to confront in bloody battles once in a while… :-))

And as in a previous example it seems that the Dutch continue to be ruthless to Cristiano Ronaldo. If you look carefully, Cristiano is the guy in shorts in that image… WHAT HAVE HE DONE TO YOU?!!! WHAT!!!!

:-D

It was a great game, despite all the violence (well that brings some emotion to the game to be true…). Unfortunately the referee spoiled the game but it already had a yellow shirt so that was already a sign to what was coming… A real referee uses black equipment (so we can call it the traditional “son of a b**** black bull” – a caring expression used in Portugal to name the referees…) .

It was a bitter orange to digest though but at the end justice was made. :-)

Now we have to face those guys… the… the… English or something… Never heard of them… I think they’ve started to play football recently. Hope they know how to tie the football boots so the game doesn’t stop too much time. :-)

For those who were still children when the violent war of the windmills happened here’s the link: The innocent battle of the windmills (read the notes for you to understand the happenings).
Old 06-26-2006, 04:26 PM
TE Expert

Default the game was rude, yeap

but I agree that the referee did not his best to control it,
will Cristiano Ronaldo play the next match?

and yeap I remembered too the battle of the windmills,

K.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Re: the game was rude, yeap

Cristiano is hoped to play against England, but it’s still not sure.

There’s also some commotion because some people wanted Figo to be expelled after he made that menacing act with his head against the Dutch player - where the Dutch player faked a hard contact and thrown himself to the ground complaining almost “half an hour” later.

I think the attitude of the players was a disgrace on both sides, but there were two occasions that can easily make someone with Latin blood “boil” (as you know)…

1- The tackle over Cristiano should have been a straight red card to the Dutch player (with right to a spanking in the locker-room). It could have destroyed the kids’ career for good. After that the players thought they could do anything without being expelled.

2 – The very bad attitude of the Dutch when the Portuguese thrown the ball off-field so R. Carvalho got assistance. When the ball went to the game it would be expected (as we see even in the most minor divisions) the Dutch to pass the ball to the Portuguese again, so the game would continue as it was. Instead the Dutch grabbed the ball in a sneaky way and tried to get the Portuguese defence off-guard. To stop the play Deco had to make an ugly foul and got the first yellow, which was a motive for his later expulsion, so he won’t play against England. In my opinion his yellow should be forgiven due to the very bad attitude of the Dutch. In fact I think the Portuguese Federation will present the situation to FIFA as the Dutch did not respect the fair-play rules.

Of course the Dutch also have complains about Portugal… But at the end the referee allowed for all that to happen. He did not protect the players against violent play, he allowed for the fair-play policy to be thrown down the drain and was uneven in the decisions without any coherence (in fact not benefiting anyone, just making bad referee).

At the end he killed all the major objectives FIFA have been trying to promote in the latest years like protection of the “artists” to have emotive games, and the fair-play.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:51 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: V-A-M-O-S------P-O-R-T-U-G-A-L!!!!!!!! VAMOS POR LA COPA

FELICIDADES DE NUEVO!!!!

BUENISIMO EL PARTIDO!!!

MI CORAZON Y SIMPATIA ESTAN POR PORTUGAL!!!

NADA EN CONTRA DE LOS DEMAS, PERO PORTUGAL ESTA JUGANDO MUY BIEN Y SOBRE TODO PONIENDO CORAZON Y GARRA!!!

FELICIDADES A TODOS, A BOLAO, A JOSE, CRISTINA ENTRE OTROS!!!

k.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:54 PM
TE Expert

Allez les bleus !
Allez les bleus !
Allez les bleus !
Allez les bleus !
Allez les bleus !
Allez les bleus !
Allez les bleus !
Allez les bleus !
Allez les bleus !
Allez les bleus !