Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 10:22 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Removal of my shots.

I've just been contacted by TE admin who are going to remove 6 of my images from TE for being duplicates.

Whilst this is true for 3 of the images - straight duplicates and I have no qualms about them removing those, the others are variations of an original image and in one case one is a completley different photo, albeit from the same tripod setting, one shot has been post processed so much that I put it on TrekLens as an experiment, another is a Black and White conversion I put on TL.

These shots have been up there for months and whilst I try and adhere to the TOS as quoted here: 5. Identical photos may not be posted to more than one Trek Site (TrekEarth, TrekLens, TrekNature).

My gripe is that these are NOT identical photos.

When I have tried to state my case in the review there is an error so I can't even fight my corner.

What are your thoughts ?

Regards

Matt
Old 05-14-2009, 03:31 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Removal of my shots.

I see duplicate shots on TE/TL every day. What gets moderated is purely arbitrary. Just get some new pictures, I guess.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:21 PM
TE Expert

Hi Matt;

I've been on this site for quite some time, and with all due respect- I have to agree with the mods. Duplicate images are just that- duplicate images. Whether B&W or sepia or different cropping, they are still the same shot. If you wish to post different versions of the same shot- why not post it as a workshop or repost of the original.
The TOS have been in play since the development of the site, and I highly doubt debating it with the mods will make much difference.

Best of luck,
- Dan
Old 05-14-2009, 04:33 PM
TE Senior Member

I can only agree with their decision. It is simply not allowed. Another thing you can do is : take two (or more) shots from the same subject, maybe from a slightly different angle, or with other settings and then you can easily prove that it is not the same shot that you converted or PP-ed.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:57 AM
TE Expert

Better yet- why not show off your photogaphy skills and shoot a different composition all together with a different foreground etc. vs trying to skirt the rules on technicalities?

- Dan
Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
TE Junior Member

OK cheers guys.

M