To holmertz: re- - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2020-04-09 1:19

Hello György,
Is that ordinary soap or alcohol disinfectant in the blue bottle? It is in any case a rather symbolic photo of these strange days. Even the beer is symbolic. Maybe this is the end of the world as we know it.
My eldest brother is 80 today. He and his wife will meet their daughters on benches in the nearby park, having coffee without touching or coming close to each other. But nobody will be stopped or questioned by the police, and neither am I when I go shopping, as rarely as possible, early in the morning and taking strict precautions. And no police will stop me if I decide to go for a long walk for fresh air and exercise.
Nice WS photo too.
Stay safe.
Gert

Old 04-09-2020, 08:38 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: re-

Dear Gert,

The bottle is for carbonated water, legacy from my mother's grandmother, but these days such a large bottle of alcohol disinfect would be more useful. I managed to get a small one during the week (it has been missing from the shops for the last month), I paid 2,5 € for a small one, which normally sells under 1 € here in Hungary.
Normally if you go for shopping or running, nobody would stop you, but you shouldn't gather with others and have to obey the rules in the shops.

Stay healthy, a beer is asking to be drank by us in September! ;-)
Gy.

PS: Please interpret my best wishes for your eldest brother for his 80th birthday!