Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-21-2007, 08:21 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Language question

I have found (though it took me forever)the comments section of my.. whatever it is. The thing that troubles me is the same members critiques/comments in a disproportional amount were listed in comments rather than critiques. When I have seen critiques no better written in the critique section. If I were trying to participate and this happened to me on a regular basis, I would get very discouraged. How do they decide these things?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Language question

Do you mean that people who have posted comments on your images have listed them as comments rather than critiques? Or do you mean the same members post as comments on your images what they post as critiques on other members' images? Under Guidelines (http://www.trekearth.com/guidelines.php) it is suggested that:

"Critiques are to be used for any critical or praiseworthy comments about the critiqued photo. Very general critiques i.e. Nice shot, Great, I like it a lot! or similar comments are not particularly helpful, and therefore, are discouraged. Instead, critiques should include specific reasons as to why a photo is either good or needs improvement."

I have seen lots of these types of comments posted as critiques on other people's images, so if that's all I want to say about an image I list that as a comment instead of a critique, or I say nothing- sometimes it's nice to just say "This is a cool shot" but I prefer more detailed critiques and so I leave more detailed critiques. Maybe there are some members who keep looking at your images who want to say something but feel like it isn't a "critique" so they post as a comment instead of critique?

I hope you're able to solve the mystery.

-Kristi
Old 02-22-2007, 01:27 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Language question

I think you misunderstand. When you write a critique or comment, it is up to you to mark it as a critique or comment. Their critiques are not being changed to comments by anybody but themselves.

(That being said, some members are not allowed to write critiques, only comments. That is because they refuse to follow the simple rules of what a critique is.)