Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good pratyeka 2007-01-27 20:58

An interesting subject and note but you could improve the composition: having a large, central foreground that is out of focus is not really a winner, at least in my book. Also, adding a dash of colour (such as some green leaves at the statue base or as an out-of-focus foreground) to what is essentially a B&W may be a good way to add interest to this type of subject. Finally, I think the depth of field is too low. When you have a situation where there are multiple objects in the composition, it's often good to ensure that at least a primary and one or two secondary objects are in focus, except when you really need to emphasise the primary subject. Doing this, the image has more interest visually and the eye can rove around comfortably. In your composition the eye is forced to a disfigured face at the extreme end of your composition. If you wanted to make a feature of the face itself, a close-up or zoom on the face would have been more effective. If you wanted to contrast it with other faces, including only two statues to emphasise difference would have had more impact.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:00 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To pratyeka: great critique

Really a great critique. Thanks for taking the time to give it! I think all your points are valid. Thanks.