Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great holmertz 2017-09-07 4:31

Hello Malgo,
I am fairly sure I must have seen this building, but I don't clearly remember it. What I mainly remember from Guangzhou was a rather unpleasant market where all kinds of live animals were sold for food (cats and dogs and many others), the famous snake restaurant (where I had dinner the first day), and an attempt to have dinner at what was supposed to have been Zhou Enlai's favourite restaurant. (I think I left it because I was treated rudely.)
It'¨s a nice photo, although there isn't much of a sky. But the green trees and bushes go well with the dominant red details of the façade.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 09-07-2017, 08:06 PM
TE Expert

Smile To holmertz: Market and restaurants

Hello Gert, Thanks for your seeing and writing
I think I was on this unpleasant market. I eman, there was a market with the alive animals in the cages but I preferred not to think for what they were sold. Don't they have cats and dogs as pets? It was not far from this place. I had read that the cantonese kitchen is so good, so we went to the good restaurant on Shamian Island the first evening. The meal was tasty and looked nice but then every piece of the meat had a piece of bone. After that were were afraid to order anything. Usually I chose dumplings .
Usually China sky is like this.

Have a nice evening

MAlgo