Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
TE Newbie

Default My favourite place in ECUADOR?

Hello I am Francisco from QUITO-ECUADOR. My favourite places in Ecuador are:
MIDDLE OF THE WORLD MONUMENT (15 minutes from Quito by car , temperature 12-20 degrees)
ATACAMES (Beach in the pacific ocean, 4 hours from Quito by car, temperature 18-30 degrees)
BAÑOS (Jungle-Amazonia, 3 hours from Quito by car, temperature 15-25, humidity)
MINDO (Rainforest, 2 hours from Quito by car, temperature 15-25, humidity)
COTOPAXI (Highlands, snowy mountain, 2 hours from Quito by car, temp 8-12, cold)
CUENCA (Highlands, third city of Ecuador in population, 1 hour by plane from Quito, temperature 12-20 degrees)
GUAYAQUIL (Coast, first city of Ecuador in population, port and the most important economic city of the country, 1 hour by plane from Quito, temperature 18-30 degrees)
Old 03-13-2008, 03:38 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Your favourite place in your country?

Hello Lynn.
I'm born and my home is still Canada and for me the best place is the Canadian Rockies.
Specially Jasper National Park around Moraine Lake and Peyto Lake, in winter Canada is not the best place to be but in summer it is absolutely wonderful, specially on West Coast.
For the cities, I go with Calgary and Vancouver, yes still on west side of the country, these are two beautiful cities, very clean, kind people and they got moving places to have fun as they got nice quiet places to relax.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:14 PM
TE Junior Member

Default in South Africa

there are many beautiful places but the West Coast is a must see
Old 05-22-2008, 12:55 AM
TE Newbie

YellowstonEurekAspeNetherlandSanJuaNetherlandSwede NederlanDenveRockieSouthRiMesaVerde

That's not one place? Well, it should be so I could move there and be close to all my favorite places.

If I have to pick one place, it would be just about anywhere in the San Juan part of the Colorado Rockies.

Nederland and Netherlands in the list above are of course different places. Nederland is in a pretty area in Colorado too, and it has a funny history. Look up "frozen dead guy if you're interested and haven't heard the store before.

I plan to extend my list over the years, but I've not gotten to some of the places I expect to get added to that list once I get a chance to visit them.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
TE Newbie

If you really want to go and know a very special place do not hesitate www.holboxtravel.com , i had never seen anything like that, beautiful , very quiet and incredibly nice people only 2 hours away from Cancun!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
TE Junior Member

As a whole area, I think San Francisco and the Bay Area. But if I had to choose one spot that has a special place in my heart...it's Mendocino. Deep, deep blue ocean, rugged beaches, beautiful old homes, forests, tide pools...I love it. About 4-5 miles north of San Francisco (cool drive, too)
Old 06-18-2008, 08:16 PM
TE Newbie

My favourite place in my country is Madeira Island in Portugal.

It's a charming Island and one of the most beautiful and safe places in the World.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:27 AM
TE Newbie

My country is Australia. People often ask where my favourite place is in the world to qhich the answer is very simple....the Kumberley region of Western Australia.It's remote and is true wilderness. Big open spaces, bright sky day and star littered nights. Best time of year is May - October. It's in the tropical belt of Australia so gets very wet and humid outside of these months...roads closed due to rainfall. Stunning country, great people and a must. Out of the way but worth it.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:38 PM
TE Newbie

Hello,
I'm from Poland. I've visited most areas of Poland and I'd say that I have many favourite places in my country but the south of Poland where I live is definitely my favourite. I like Cracow very much. That very old polish town and former capital has a very specific atmosphere. I am a lucky person because I work here. At my leisure I like spending time in the mountains - the favourite place is Beskid Żywiecki and Tatra Mountains (especially Five Lakes' Valley in High Tatra). Beskid Żywiecki is famous for its wildness and wonderful views. Especially in autumn and winter views are simply amazing.

Greetings

Kinga
Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 PM
TE Newbie

Hi, I am fron India..... you will find all colors of the Renbow here. Here you can visit and fall is love with the culture and picturesque view.
1) Uttranchal - state of lush green hills and snowy mountains. As deep inside you go.... u will see different colors of nature. Ahhh... I love to be there.......
2) Rajisthan - Full of culture and old forts. One can see the royal India here.
Closed Thread