Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-29-2004, 10:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Default London, England Trek Group

If anyone is interested in meeting as a Trek photo group to do some group shooting, share weekend events to photograph or other travel/photography related things, let me know by replying to this message.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:16 AM

Default Re: London, England Trek Group

Not sure, it's an interesting idea, but I must admit I'm not really into the photography as a group thing.

Currently I'm slightly restricted anyway, I've been told by the doctor to rest my left foot, so I shouldn't really be lugging the camera around anyway :-(

Put me down as a maybe though!
Old 12-05-2004, 09:31 PM
TE Newbie

Just found this post Dan.

I would interested in this, I live in London and do a bit of shooting around here anyway!

Anyone else?
Old 12-05-2004, 09:34 PM

oh! i was in London yesterday! next time I'll let you know and we can shoot some pics togehter.
no szkada ze nie wiedzialem... teraz mieszkam w Cardiff
Old 12-05-2004, 11:28 PM
TE Newbie

To daj mi znac jak bedziesz w Londynie, to sie wybierzemy! Ja sam dopiero zaczynam odkrywac to miasto...

Jade wlasnie do Polski, ale bede w Londynie po Nowym Roku.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:48 AM

London in early winter, we're a right bunch of masochists aren't we ;) On the upside least you don't have to wait long for a sunset - presupposing you can see it through the clouds!

I'm still potentially interested, depending on commitments...

To be honest I was vaguely thinking about just a social gathering, maybe over lunch? Dim sum anyone?
Old 12-07-2004, 02:42 AM
TE Junior Member

I think we could do something where we do some shooting before and after a social gathering. That way people can participate in which ever they like. It would be great just being around fine photographers. We could even make it a museum experience. The wildlife photographer of the year exhibit is also on (though I would probably skip that hour as I've been there four times already and it costs 5).

For me, Saturday Dec. 18 is an option. Also on Wednesday nights, there is a museum in South Kensington open until 10pm (free) that allows photography (w/o tripod). There's plenty of restaurants there and also at Earls Court (which also has places to stay if anyone would want to stay in town).

So what is best for you? Wedneday or Friday nights? Saturdays or even the bank holidays? What ever it is, it would be great to have a meet up this winter.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:18 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Dan,

Great idea! By the way, there is a Robert Frank exhibition at the Tate Modern at the moment.

The only thing is... I am away from this Saturday until 3rd Jan. I would be up for a meeting in the New Year though...

Piotr
Old 12-07-2004, 12:45 PM
TE Junior Member

Default London shoot & social: January 15, 2005?

Does Saturday January the 15th work out for everyone? We can prepare a few ideas for street shoots, food and photography/museum exhibits.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:11 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: London shoot & social: January 15, 2005?

Sounds good to me! Count me in! I will check out what exhibitions are on at that time.